Queen Productions Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we collect, process, store and use any personal information collected from you in connection with the website <www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com> (the Site). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Who we are
This Site is operated by The Mercury Phoenix Trust (charity no. 1013768) Dales Evans & Co Limited, 88/90 Baker Street London W1U 6TQ For the purposes of the UK Data Protection legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller and processer is Queen Productions Limited.
The contact address for any correspondence regarding the use of your personal Information is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Queen Webstore
The Queen official online webstore which is available at the following link: queenonlinestore.com (the Store) is accessible via the Site however the Store is operated by Universal Music Direct Limited (known as Digital Stores).
Your Personal Information
I. Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information you provide when you contact us by email, via social media, SMS or telephone.
- Information you provide when you fill in a form on the Site.
- Site registration or subscription information.
- Your participation and contributions to discussion boards or social media functions on the Site.
- Information you provide when entering a competition, promotion or survey.
- Details of any transactions you carry out via the Store and the fulfillment of such orders; and
- Information you provide when reporting a problem or requesting Site support.
The information you give us may include your name, user name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, photographs, images or comments.
II. Information we automatically collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect and process:
- Technical information, unique identifiers including your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, your operating system, platform or device (including mobiles) for system administration purposes.
- Information about your visit, including clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time).
- Information about your location solely for the purposes of setting localised content and monitoring Site user traffic for statistical purposes.
- Site webpages you viewed or searched for; page response times, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information for Site optimisation purposes.
III. Information we may collect about you from other sources
In addition to the information we receive from Digital Stores, we may receive information about you from the following sources:
- Any of the companies in the Universal Music Group (UMG), when you use any of the websites operated by these companies.
- Our business partners and sub-contractors who provide technical, payment and delivery services to us or on our behalf in relation to the Site and other third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks and internet search providers, who may send us information about you.
- Any companies related to the artist professionally known as Queen including the Queen group of companies and any companies and/or charitable organisations owned and/or operated by Brian May or Roger Taylor, Freddie Mercury, John Deacon including without limitation Duck Productions Limited, Nightjar Productions Limited, The London Stereoscopic Company Limited, The Mercury Phoenix Trust and The Save Me Trust (the Queen Companies) which receive your personal information if you have consented to this.
- If you choose to use features on the Site that connect to your online social media accounts e.g. Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, provided we ask for your consent and you accept we may also collect any information that you permit through your settings on those accounts. Please review your social media account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
Using Your Personal Information
I. How your information may be used
We may use information held about you and submitted via our Site in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective user friendly manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer the Site and for our own internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements we have with you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Site services.
- To provide you, or to permit select third parties to provide you with information about Queen, the Queen Companies and any Queen related products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
We, and where we permit it, selected third parties that use your personal information will contact you by email only if you have consented to this.
II. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Any UMG company that manages any of the Queen properties.
- Any Queen Companies provided there is a commercially justifiable reason to do so.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with a product or service you have requested or to provide you with information about promotions and offers you have expressed an interested in.
- Advertising networks that require your personal information in order to send relevant advertisements to you. If you do not wish to receive these advertisements you can contact us at email@example.com.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Before we collect any personal information from you, we will inform you if we intend to use and disclose your data as outlined above.
If you do not want us to use your personal information, or to pass your details on to any third parties for marketing purposes or otherwise, you have the right to object to this.
Please tick or untick (as appropriate), the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. the relevant order form or registration form) or please contact us at any time at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already consented to the use of your personal information as stated above, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to ask us to confirm the amount and type of personal information relating to you which is being stored by us and how long the data has or will be held for. You can also ask for a copy of the personal information we are storing about you at any time. We will endeavour to respond to any data access requests within 30 days.
You have the right to be notified of the identity of those third parties we wish to transfer your personal data to. You also have the right to request that we amend, delete, destroy or remove your personal information in certain circumstances. Please contact: email@example.com.
If we wish to use your personal information for any purpose outside the scope of the original consent you have provided us with, we are required to obtain an additional consent from you to do so.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Storing Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf that are not available to the public. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you do not agree to the use of these cookies, please contact us for information on how to disable them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie contains an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to your web browser when you visit our Site. This is stored by your browser. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web server when you subsequently visit the Site. Most web pages contain elements from multiple website domains so when you visit our Site your browser may receive cookies from several sources.
We use the following cookies for the purposes set out below:
We use analytic cookies to analyze and monitor how web users use our Site and to enhance Site performance. This allows us to provide a high quality website experience and customize our user offerings.
These cookies allow us to optimize the functionality of our Site, to remember choices you make (such as your user settings, language) and to provide enhanced, personalized features.
Any advertisements you see now or in the future on our Site are served by us or our advertising providers. We may also allow third parties, such as group companies or advertisers to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. We do not permit these parties to collect nor do we share any personal information you have provided to us with these parties.
By using our Site, you are agreeing to our use of these cookies. Most browsers allow you to disable or refuse to accept cookies. However, blocking or deleting cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites including access to personalized features.
This Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor do we knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age without parental consent and in compliance with all applicable laws.
Links to third party websites
The Site, our newsletters and any other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.